Mar 7, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
All the latest from the crease…
Roberto Luongo will play as a member of the Florida Panthers for the first time in nearly eight years on Friday night, when the Cats take on the Sabres in Sunrise.
Luongo, acquired from Vancouver on Tuesday, said he’s excited to rejoin the team he played with from 2002-06, earning his first-ever nomination as a Vezina finalist in ’04.
“It’s going to be fun,” Luongo said, per NHL.com. “It’s been a long time since I’ve played as a Panther here. I’m excited to play in front of the crowd and hopefully there’ll be a lot of them and we get a win.”
For the Sabres, it’s a debut of a different kind — Michal Neuvirth will suit up for Buffalo for the first time since being acquired at Wednesday’s trade deadline. The Czech netminder was the odd man out in Washington this year, making just 13 appearances, but should get some legit playing time in Buffalo down the stretch as a number of young players are auditioning for jobs.
Islanders at Flames: Joni Ortio for Calgary, no word on New York starter.
Penguins at Ducks: Jonas Hiller likely for Anaheim, no word on Pittsburgh starter.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 0
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 10
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 27
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (150)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)