Mar 7, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
It’s becoming pretty evident Dan Bylsma is a big San Jose fan.
Following Thursday’s 5-3 loss to the Sharks at the SAP Center, the Pittsburgh head coach was — once again — full of praise for his black-and-teal clad opponents.
“They play not only a physical game, but a fast game,” Bylsma said, per CSN Bay Area. “They counter quickly, got to the offensive zone and played that type of game. I think in the second half of that game we just weren’t able to negate that by playing back in the other end.
“We saw them come at us with that speed and that size, and they’re maybe the best team in the league at getting pucks and bodies to the cage.”
Bylsma, you may recall, heaped huge praise on the Sharks prior to a matchup in early December, calling them the NHL’s strongest team.
“With all due respect to Chicago, [San Jose] is the best team in the league right now,” Bylsma said at the time, as per Pens Inside Scoop. “They way they come at you, the way they play — I think [they’re] the best team in the league.”
It’s possible some of Bylsma’s admiration comes from a guy he coached at the Winter Olympics in Sochi — American center Joe Pavelski. The Sharks forward was lethal against Pittsburgh on Thursday night, finishing with a game-high three assists while racking up a team-high 23:46 TOI.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)