Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings may have lost 3-2 in overtime last night to Colorado, but on the bright side, coach Mike Babcock was impressed by new addition David Legwand.
“I thought he was real good,” said Babcock, per MLive.com. “He gave us a chance to roll everyone out the door. He gave us confidence.”
We mentioned the importance of the Legwand trade with Nashville in yesterday’s PHT Extra. With Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Stephen Weiss, and Darren Helm all out with various injuries, the former longtime Predators center is all of a sudden playing a huge role for a club that’s in a desperate fight to extend its playoff streak to 23.
Detroit has another big game tonight at home versus New Jersey, another bubble team trying to scratch its way into the postseason in the Eastern Conference.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 0
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)