Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings may have lost 3-2 in overtime last night to Colorado, but on the bright side, coach Mike Babcock was impressed by new addition David Legwand.
“I thought he was real good,” said Babcock, per MLive.com. “He gave us a chance to roll everyone out the door. He gave us confidence.”
We mentioned the importance of the Legwand trade with Nashville in yesterday’s PHT Extra. With Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Stephen Weiss, and Darren Helm all out with various injuries, the former longtime Predators center is all of a sudden playing a huge role for a club that’s in a desperate fight to extend its playoff streak to 23.
Detroit has another big game tonight at home versus New Jersey, another bubble team trying to scratch its way into the postseason in the Eastern Conference.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2