Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings may have lost 3-2 in overtime last night to Colorado, but on the bright side, coach Mike Babcock was impressed by new addition David Legwand.
“I thought he was real good,” said Babcock, per MLive.com. “He gave us a chance to roll everyone out the door. He gave us confidence.”
We mentioned the importance of the Legwand trade with Nashville in yesterday’s PHT Extra. With Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Stephen Weiss, and Darren Helm all out with various injuries, the former longtime Predators center is all of a sudden playing a huge role for a club that’s in a desperate fight to extend its playoff streak to 23.
Detroit has another big game tonight at home versus New Jersey, another bubble team trying to scratch its way into the postseason in the Eastern Conference.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 10
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)