Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings may have lost 3-2 in overtime last night to Colorado, but on the bright side, coach Mike Babcock was impressed by new addition David Legwand.
“I thought he was real good,” said Babcock, per MLive.com. “He gave us a chance to roll everyone out the door. He gave us confidence.”
We mentioned the importance of the Legwand trade with Nashville in yesterday’s PHT Extra. With Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Stephen Weiss, and Darren Helm all out with various injuries, the former longtime Predators center is all of a sudden playing a huge role for a club that’s in a desperate fight to extend its playoff streak to 23.
Detroit has another big game tonight at home versus New Jersey, another bubble team trying to scratch its way into the postseason in the Eastern Conference.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11