Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings may have lost 3-2 in overtime last night to Colorado, but on the bright side, coach Mike Babcock was impressed by new addition David Legwand.
“I thought he was real good,” said Babcock, per MLive.com. “He gave us a chance to roll everyone out the door. He gave us confidence.”
We mentioned the importance of the Legwand trade with Nashville in yesterday’s PHT Extra. With Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Stephen Weiss, and Darren Helm all out with various injuries, the former longtime Predators center is all of a sudden playing a huge role for a club that’s in a desperate fight to extend its playoff streak to 23.
Detroit has another big game tonight at home versus New Jersey, another bubble team trying to scratch its way into the postseason in the Eastern Conference.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)