Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks don’t meet all that often, but for quite a few years, this has represented a matchup of legitimate contenders in the East and West. The game is airing on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
After making big splashes around the trade deadline last season, the Penguins added subtler touches in 2014, grabbing forwards Marcel Goc and Lee Stempniak in value deals. The Sharks were quiet this time around after acquiring some nice assets for outgoing players (including a nice draft pick for Douglas Murray from Pittsburgh) in 2012-13.
It should be an entertaining game as there is plenty of talent on the ice tonight.
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 14
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 31
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)