Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks don’t meet all that often, but for quite a few years, this has represented a matchup of legitimate contenders in the East and West. The game is airing on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
After making big splashes around the trade deadline last season, the Penguins added subtler touches in 2014, grabbing forwards Marcel Goc and Lee Stempniak in value deals. The Sharks were quiet this time around after acquiring some nice assets for outgoing players (including a nice draft pick for Douglas Murray from Pittsburgh) in 2012-13.
It should be an entertaining game as there is plenty of talent on the ice tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5