Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks don’t meet all that often, but for quite a few years, this has represented a matchup of legitimate contenders in the East and West. The game is airing on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
After making big splashes around the trade deadline last season, the Penguins added subtler touches in 2014, grabbing forwards Marcel Goc and Lee Stempniak in value deals. The Sharks were quiet this time around after acquiring some nice assets for outgoing players (including a nice draft pick for Douglas Murray from Pittsburgh) in 2012-13.
It should be an entertaining game as there is plenty of talent on the ice tonight.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9