Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks don’t meet all that often, but for quite a few years, this has represented a matchup of legitimate contenders in the East and West. The game is airing on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
After making big splashes around the trade deadline last season, the Penguins added subtler touches in 2014, grabbing forwards Marcel Goc and Lee Stempniak in value deals. The Sharks were quiet this time around after acquiring some nice assets for outgoing players (including a nice draft pick for Douglas Murray from Pittsburgh) in 2012-13.
It should be an entertaining game as there is plenty of talent on the ice tonight.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)