Mar 6, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins and San Jose Sharks don’t meet all that often, but for quite a few years, this has represented a matchup of legitimate contenders in the East and West. The game is airing on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
After making big splashes around the trade deadline last season, the Penguins added subtler touches in 2014, grabbing forwards Marcel Goc and Lee Stempniak in value deals. The Sharks were quiet this time around after acquiring some nice assets for outgoing players (including a nice draft pick for Douglas Murray from Pittsburgh) in 2012-13.
It should be an entertaining game as there is plenty of talent on the ice tonight.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)