Mar 6, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
For the second time this season, Matt Moulson found himself on the move thanks to a trade.
Moulson, as well as Cody McCormick, were moved from the Buffalo Sabres to the Minnesota Wild just prior to the National Hockey League’s trade deadline on Wednesday. Moulson will join his third team of the season, having started with the New York Islanders, before getting traded to Buffalo near the end of October. Now, Minnesota.
He seemed positive about yet another move for he and his family, as he expressed his thoughts via Twitter.
Moulson, according to Capgeek.com, is in the final year of a three-year contract worth a total of $9.4 million. He’s also a pending unrestricted free agent. Is there a future with the Wild beyond just the rest of this season?
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55