Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
According to a post on the KHL’s Facebook page from around 3 p.m. ET, Caps prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov is leaving his club team — Traktor Chelyabinsk — and apparently planning to go to Washington.
Here be the screengrab:
The really bad Google translation:
Contract striker Yevgeny Kuznetsov “Tractor” terminated by the hockey player. Agreement with the player will expire on 30 April this year. Throughout his professional career Yevgeny Kuznetsov played for native “Tractor” and held in the CHL 251 match, which scored 167 (78 +89) points.
Per excellent Caps site Russian Machine Never Breaks, this does mean that Kuznetsov has terminated the contract — which was set to expire at the end of this season, Apr. 30 — leaving him free to start negotiations with the Caps.
Kuznetsov, 21, was the 26th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and believed to be one of the most talented youngsters playing outside of North America. He was named MVP of the ’12 World Juniors, where he nearly broke Peter Forsberg’s single-tournament scoring record.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9