Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
According to a post on the KHL’s Facebook page from around 3 p.m. ET, Caps prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov is leaving his club team — Traktor Chelyabinsk — and apparently planning to go to Washington.
Here be the screengrab:
The really bad Google translation:
Contract striker Yevgeny Kuznetsov “Tractor” terminated by the hockey player. Agreement with the player will expire on 30 April this year. Throughout his professional career Yevgeny Kuznetsov played for native “Tractor” and held in the CHL 251 match, which scored 167 (78 +89) points.
Per excellent Caps site Russian Machine Never Breaks, this does mean that Kuznetsov has terminated the contract — which was set to expire at the end of this season, Apr. 30 — leaving him free to start negotiations with the Caps.
Kuznetsov, 21, was the 26th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and believed to be one of the most talented youngsters playing outside of North America. He was named MVP of the ’12 World Juniors, where he nearly broke Peter Forsberg’s single-tournament scoring record.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8