Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
According to a post on the KHL’s Facebook page from around 3 p.m. ET, Caps prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov is leaving his club team — Traktor Chelyabinsk — and apparently planning to go to Washington.
Here be the screengrab:
The really bad Google translation:
Contract striker Yevgeny Kuznetsov “Tractor” terminated by the hockey player. Agreement with the player will expire on 30 April this year. Throughout his professional career Yevgeny Kuznetsov played for native “Tractor” and held in the CHL 251 match, which scored 167 (78 +89) points.
Per excellent Caps site Russian Machine Never Breaks, this does mean that Kuznetsov has terminated the contract — which was set to expire at the end of this season, Apr. 30 — leaving him free to start negotiations with the Caps.
Kuznetsov, 21, was the 26th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and believed to be one of the most talented youngsters playing outside of North America. He was named MVP of the ’12 World Juniors, where he nearly broke Peter Forsberg’s single-tournament scoring record.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)