Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT
According to a post on the KHL’s Facebook page from around 3 p.m. ET, Caps prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov is leaving his club team — Traktor Chelyabinsk — and apparently planning to go to Washington.
Here be the screengrab:
The really bad Google translation:
Contract striker Yevgeny Kuznetsov “Tractor” terminated by the hockey player. Agreement with the player will expire on 30 April this year. Throughout his professional career Yevgeny Kuznetsov played for native “Tractor” and held in the CHL 251 match, which scored 167 (78 +89) points.
Per excellent Caps site Russian Machine Never Breaks, this does mean that Kuznetsov has terminated the contract — which was set to expire at the end of this season, Apr. 30 — leaving him free to start negotiations with the Caps.
Kuznetsov, 21, was the 26th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and believed to be one of the most talented youngsters playing outside of North America. He was named MVP of the ’12 World Juniors, where he nearly broke Peter Forsberg’s single-tournament scoring record.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)