Kuznetsov is coming to Washington, per Facebook

Mar 6, 2014, 5:07 PM EDT

According to a post on the KHL’s Facebook page from around 3 p.m. ET, Caps prospect Evgeni Kuznetsov is leaving his club team — Traktor Chelyabinsk — and apparently planning to go to Washington.

Here be the screengrab:

source:

The really bad Google translation:

Contract striker Yevgeny Kuznetsov “Tractor” terminated by the hockey player. Agreement with the player will expire on 30 April this year. Throughout his professional career Yevgeny Kuznetsov played for native “Tractor” and held in the CHL 251 match, which scored 167 (78 +89) points.

Per excellent Caps site Russian Machine Never Breaks, this does mean that Kuznetsov has terminated the contract — which was set to expire at the end of this season, Apr. 30 — leaving him free to start negotiations with the Caps.

Kuznetsov, 21, was the 26th overall pick at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft and believed to be one of the most talented youngsters playing outside of North America. He was named MVP of the ’12 World Juniors, where he nearly broke Peter Forsberg’s single-tournament scoring record.

1. killerpgh - Mar 6, 2014 at 5:18 PM

It will be interesting to see if this kid is worth all the hype. After hearing about him for the past few years I couldn’t believe he wasn’t on the Russia Olympic team.

• kantnockdahustle89 - Mar 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Hes been injured a lot this year…which hurt his chances for the team.

Not even sure he will go right to the Caps. Could have a stint in Hershey.

2. JoeAvg - Mar 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM

21? He looks like he’s 12 in the picture with the Caps jersey on.

• 7mantel - Mar 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM

As we get older they look younger !

3. rsl22 - Mar 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Anything less than a point per game output, and unrealistic Caps fans will chase GMGM out of town with pitch forks and torches.

I’ll admit I have (probably unrealistic) hopes for the kid, but as long as he stays healthy I’ll be happy.

• bethgoesglobal - Mar 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM

GMGM may be run out of DC regardless, especially if the Caps don’t make it into the playoffs.

This leads me to question that I’ve been mulling over: who would be a good option for GM in Washington?
      *** I’d love people’s thoughts on this one. ****

• killerpgh - Mar 6, 2014 at 7:31 PM

I’m a Pens fan so I say the Caps can’t go wrong with Mike Milbury….

• bethgoesglobal - Mar 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Of Course! Now that sounds like the perfect match.

LOL, very clever

4. storminator16 - Mar 6, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Huge. Believe the hype.

5. 950003cups - Mar 6, 2014 at 9:25 PM

When’s Kovalchuk coming back?

6. gunnyhighway88 - Mar 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I’ll be happy if he can just stay healthy and play when called upon. I don’t see him playing this season, but who knows? And I hope and pray that George McPhee gets fired in the off-season. Another trade deadline came and went and nothing was done to shake up the team. He’s had enough chances. As for who could the Caps get to replace him? I haven’t the slightest idea?

At least he’s not as bad as Garth Snow. I know that that’s not saying much…

7. ovechcant - Mar 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM

No need to play him. Let him get healthy and have a training camp under his belt. This season is lost. Miss the playoffs, draft another soft euro and load up for more of the same caps hockey next year.

8. barkar942 - Mar 6, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Another Russian sniper. Good thing he will have Ovie to teach him what defensive two-way play is here in the NHL. Good thing Erat isn’t there any more. He could be teaching him how to put it into the Caps net.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches