Mar 6, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
It’s a decision by coach Adam Oates that took some by surprise, especially given Washington’s acquisition of Jaroslav Halak yesterday. The Caps are in a desperate fight to make the playoffs, and currently they’re on the outside looking in.
“Hopefully we play better in front of Braden,” Oates said, per the Washington Post. “He had a good game [in Boston] a few days ago. The team played pretty solid that game as well. Hopefully we can draw on that and the second half of last night and have a good game.”
The Holtby-or-Halak storyline should be an interesting one to follow down the stretch. The fact the Caps haven’t missed the playoffs since 2007 will only add to the drama.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54