Mar 6, 2014, 3:52 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Timmy’s in town, but Kari starts
Acquired from Florida yesterday, Thomas will take the place of the outgoing Dan Ellis (now a member of the Panthers) and, according to head coach Lindy Ruff, will have the opportunity for some playing time with the Stars.
“I want to give Tim the opportunity to play,” Stars bench boss Lindy Ruff said, per the Dallas Morning News. “If he plays well, I’ll give him the chance to play.”
Zatkoff in for Pens
Jeff Zatkoff will be in goal for Pittsburgh tonight when it takes on the Sharks in San Jose.
Zatkoff hasn’t started since Jan. 30 but his last outing was a good one, stopping 30 of 31 shots in a win over the Kings. The former Miami of Ohio standout is 9-2-1 on the year with a 2.64 GAA and .909 save percentage.
Blues at Preds: Ryan Miller for St. Louis; no word yet on a Nashville starter.
Avalanche at Red Wings: J.S. Giguere vs. Jimmy Howard
Canadiens at Coyotes: Mike Smith likely for Phoenix; no word on a Montreal starter.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)