Mar 6, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Timmy’s in town, but Kari starts
Acquired from Florida yesterday, Thomas will take the place of the outgoing Dan Ellis (now a member of the Panthers) and, according to head coach Lindy Ruff, will have the opportunity for some playing time with the Stars.
“I want to give Tim the opportunity to play,” Stars bench boss Lindy Ruff said, per the Dallas Morning News. “If he plays well, I’ll give him the chance to play.”
Zatkoff in for Pens
Jeff Zatkoff will be in goal for Pittsburgh tonight when it takes on the Sharks in San Jose.
Zatkoff hasn’t started since Jan. 30 but his last outing was a good one, stopping 30 of 31 shots in a win over the Kings. The former Miami of Ohio standout is 9-2-1 on the year with a 2.64 GAA and .909 save percentage.
Blues at Preds: Ryan Miller for St. Louis; no word yet on a Nashville starter.
Avalanche at Red Wings: J.S. Giguere vs. Jimmy Howard
Canadiens at Coyotes: Mike Smith likely for Phoenix; no word on a Montreal starter.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)