Mar 6, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Buffalo has been playing surprisingly well (or at least has been winning more than expected) considering all the roster upheaval. It’s unclear how serious this issue is, but it would be unfortunate for the 20-year-old’s development if he misses out on some nice playing time considering the Sabres’ depleted roster.
Girgensons has 20 points in 61 games during his rookie season. Buffalo selected him in the first round (14th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5