Mar 6, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Buffalo has been playing surprisingly well (or at least has been winning more than expected) considering all the roster upheaval. It’s unclear how serious this issue is, but it would be unfortunate for the 20-year-old’s development if he misses out on some nice playing time considering the Sabres’ depleted roster.
Girgensons has 20 points in 61 games during his rookie season. Buffalo selected him in the first round (14th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46