Mar 6, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Buffalo has been playing surprisingly well (or at least has been winning more than expected) considering all the roster upheaval. It’s unclear how serious this issue is, but it would be unfortunate for the 20-year-old’s development if he misses out on some nice playing time considering the Sabres’ depleted roster.
Girgensons has 20 points in 61 games during his rookie season. Buffalo selected him in the first round (14th overall) in the 2012 NHL Draft.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 32
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6