Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
If today’s line rushes are any indication — and they usually are — the newest King is getting top billing.
Marian Gaborik, acquired from Columbus at yesterday’s trade deadline, skated on L.A.’s No. 1 unit alongside Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams, according to LA Kings Insider. The move pushed captain Dustin Brown, who often plays alongside Kopitar and Williams, onto a second unit with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.
The Kings will take on the Jets tonight in Winnipeg.
Gaborik, 32, was acquired in the hopes of sparking a lifeless L.A. offense. The Kings sit 27th in the NHL in goals per game (2.32) and haven’t gotten much scoring from their wingers this season, so the hope is that Gaborik can find some of the form that saw him score 41 with the Rangers during the 2011-12 campaign.
The Slovakian speedster does have 14 points in 22 games this year, but has missed extensive time with a knee sprain and broken collarbone.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 17
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)