Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
If today’s line rushes are any indication — and they usually are — the newest King is getting top billing.
Marian Gaborik, acquired from Columbus at yesterday’s trade deadline, skated on L.A.’s No. 1 unit alongside Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams, according to LA Kings Insider. The move pushed captain Dustin Brown, who often plays alongside Kopitar and Williams, onto a second unit with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.
The Kings will take on the Jets tonight in Winnipeg.
Gaborik, 32, was acquired in the hopes of sparking a lifeless L.A. offense. The Kings sit 27th in the NHL in goals per game (2.32) and haven’t gotten much scoring from their wingers this season, so the hope is that Gaborik can find some of the form that saw him score 41 with the Rangers during the 2011-12 campaign.
The Slovakian speedster does have 14 points in 22 games this year, but has missed extensive time with a knee sprain and broken collarbone.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)