Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
If today’s line rushes are any indication — and they usually are — the newest King is getting top billing.
Marian Gaborik, acquired from Columbus at yesterday’s trade deadline, skated on L.A.’s No. 1 unit alongside Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams, according to LA Kings Insider. The move pushed captain Dustin Brown, who often plays alongside Kopitar and Williams, onto a second unit with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.
The Kings will take on the Jets tonight in Winnipeg.
Gaborik, 32, was acquired in the hopes of sparking a lifeless L.A. offense. The Kings sit 27th in the NHL in goals per game (2.32) and haven’t gotten much scoring from their wingers this season, so the hope is that Gaborik can find some of the form that saw him score 41 with the Rangers during the 2011-12 campaign.
The Slovakian speedster does have 14 points in 22 games this year, but has missed extensive time with a knee sprain and broken collarbone.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)