Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
If today’s line rushes are any indication — and they usually are — the newest King is getting top billing.
Marian Gaborik, acquired from Columbus at yesterday’s trade deadline, skated on L.A.’s No. 1 unit alongside Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams, according to LA Kings Insider. The move pushed captain Dustin Brown, who often plays alongside Kopitar and Williams, onto a second unit with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.
The Kings will take on the Jets tonight in Winnipeg.
Gaborik, 32, was acquired in the hopes of sparking a lifeless L.A. offense. The Kings sit 27th in the NHL in goals per game (2.32) and haven’t gotten much scoring from their wingers this season, so the hope is that Gaborik can find some of the form that saw him score 41 with the Rangers during the 2011-12 campaign.
The Slovakian speedster does have 14 points in 22 games this year, but has missed extensive time with a knee sprain and broken collarbone.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28