Mar 5, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis isn’t the only player making his debut following the trade deadline on Wednesday, as both the Philadelphia Flyers and Washington Capitals play on NBCSN tonight. NHL Live is already in gear, so get ready for the game with the live stream link below:
Granted, the two notable debuts are from trades that happened on Tuesday, rather than the quick turnaround for St. Louis. Dustin Penner was a surprise trade from Anaheim to the Capitals, but he’ll try to give his new team some secondary scoring as they fight desperately for a playoff spot. Other Washington additions aren’t expected to make the trip tonight.
The Capitals finds themselves one point behind second wild card holder Columbus as of this writing while Philadelphia is just a little more comfortable at sixth place with 70 standings points (two more than Washington), so there’s plenty on the line in this one.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5