Mar 5, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
It’s been a rough game between the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers, and the star players have been involved.
After a first-period brawl between the two teams, Capitals’ star and captain Alex Ovechkin decided to throw his weight around, crunching Flyers forward Michael Raffl with a huge hit along the boards. It also appeared that Ovechkin may have gotten his arms up on the hit. There was no penalty on the play.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36