Mar 5, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
While much of the attention will be focused on St. Louis — as well as the absence of the player for whom he was traded, former Rangers captain Ryan Callahan — it can’t be overlooked that this is an important game for both teams, each of which could still miss the playoffs.
The Rangers enter the contest on a two-game losing streak, including Sunday’s 6-3 defeat to the Bruins. The Leafs, meanwhile, are winless in their last three, including Monday’s 2-1 loss to Columbus.
Here’s what the standings look like:
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22