Mar 5, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
While much of the attention will be focused on St. Louis — as well as the absence of the player for whom he was traded, former Rangers captain Ryan Callahan — it can’t be overlooked that this is an important game for both teams, each of which could still miss the playoffs.
The Rangers enter the contest on a two-game losing streak, including Sunday’s 6-3 defeat to the Bruins. The Leafs, meanwhile, are winless in their last three, including Monday’s 2-1 loss to Columbus.
Here’s what the standings look like:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32