Mar 5, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets may have to move forward without Mark Scheifele for a while.
Though the Jets have not confirmed any updates to Scheifele’s status, TSN Hockey Analyst Aaron Ward says early reports indicate he suffered an MCL injury and will likely out 6-8 weeks.
If true, it’s a considerable blow for the Jets, who are in a tight race for the final playoff spot in the West. Scheifele has been a big part of Winnipeg’s improved play. After a slowish start to the season, the 20-year-old has 25 points in his last 35 games.
Scheifele was hurt in yesterday’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Islanders.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)