Mar 5, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets may have to move forward without Mark Scheifele for a while.
Though the Jets have not confirmed any updates to Scheifele’s status, TSN Hockey Analyst Aaron Ward says early reports indicate he suffered an MCL injury and will likely out 6-8 weeks.
If true, it’s a considerable blow for the Jets, who are in a tight race for the final playoff spot in the West. Scheifele has been a big part of Winnipeg’s improved play. After a slowish start to the season, the 20-year-old has 25 points in his last 35 games.
Scheifele was hurt in yesterday’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Islanders.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15