Mar 5, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets may have to move forward without Mark Scheifele for a while.
Though the Jets have not confirmed any updates to Scheifele’s status, TSN Hockey Analyst Aaron Ward says early reports indicate he suffered an MCL injury and will likely out 6-8 weeks.
If true, it’s a considerable blow for the Jets, who are in a tight race for the final playoff spot in the West. Scheifele has been a big part of Winnipeg’s improved play. After a slowish start to the season, the 20-year-old has 25 points in his last 35 games.
Scheifele was hurt in yesterday’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Islanders.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 27
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 20
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22