Mar 5, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
According to reports, Minnesota and Buffalo have combined on a deadline day blockbuster for the second straight year.
Update: Full deal, per the News’ John Vogl…
To sum up: Sabres send Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick to Wild for Torrey Mitchell, two second-round picks (’14, ’16). ’14 came from Winnipeg.
— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) March 5, 2014
The deal came in after the deadline, so specifics are still unclear. What is known is that, should the report be accurate, the Wild will have acquired both Moulson and Jason Pominville from Buffalo in consecutive seasons.
Moulson had 11 goals and 29 points in 44 games with the Sabres after being acquired from Long Island early in the season. The three-time 30-goal scorer will add major punch to a Minnesota lineup that already includes the likes of Pominville, Zach Parise, Mikko Koivu, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter and Dany Heatley — in fact, Moulson’s 17 goals this year puts him third on the Wild behind Pominville and Parise.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31