Mar 5, 2014, 9:10 AM EDT
Last night very well may have been Martin Brodeur‘s final appearance in a New Jersey Devils uniform.
Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports Brodeur told Devils GM Lou Lamoriello he wants out and the team will try to accommodate him.
According to ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun, Brodeur also wants to play again next season which may be the wrench in the works for the Devils as Cory Schneider is very clearly their No. 1 netminder. LeBrun adds that the Devils are OK with keeping Brodeur as well, but they’d like to do best to respect his wishes and move him to a contender.
The issue in moving Brodeur is that the goalie market has changed drastically since yesterday. With Ilya Bryzgalov in Minnesota, Viktor Fasth in Edmonton, and the Roberto Luongo deal to Florida, teams that may have needed goalie help have all found solutions elsewhere.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)