Mar 5, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
In the case of Stempniak, the Penguins sent a third-round pick to the Calgary Flames, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger. Pittsburgh sent a third and fifth-rounder to the Florida Panthers for Goc earlier today.
Stempniak, 31, has eight goals and 23 points in 52 games with the Flames this season. His best scoring season (by far) came with the St. Louis Blues in 2006-07, when he scored 27 goals and 52 points in a sophomore season. He’s clocked in around 14 goals most years, more or less, since then.
The Flames seemed pretty quiet for much of the deadline, but a few late entries makes their haul look more impressive. They surprisingly grabbed a second-round pick from the Colorado Avalanche for goalie Reto Berra, so all of a sudden they added second and third-rounders for two players who didn’t figure to be re-signed this offseason.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)