Mar 5, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
In the case of Stempniak, the Penguins sent a third-round pick to the Calgary Flames, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger. Pittsburgh sent a third and fifth-rounder to the Florida Panthers for Goc earlier today.
Stempniak, 31, has eight goals and 23 points in 52 games with the Flames this season. His best scoring season (by far) came with the St. Louis Blues in 2006-07, when he scored 27 goals and 52 points in a sophomore season. He’s clocked in around 14 goals most years, more or less, since then.
The Flames seemed pretty quiet for much of the deadline, but a few late entries makes their haul look more impressive. They surprisingly grabbed a second-round pick from the Colorado Avalanche for goalie Reto Berra, so all of a sudden they added second and third-rounders for two players who didn’t figure to be re-signed this offseason.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 33
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 31
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)