Mar 5, 2014, 4:36 PM EST
In the case of Stempniak, the Penguins sent a third-round pick to the Calgary Flames, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger. Pittsburgh sent a third and fifth-rounder to the Florida Panthers for Goc earlier today.
Stempniak, 31, has eight goals and 23 points in 52 games with the Flames this season. His best scoring season (by far) came with the St. Louis Blues in 2006-07, when he scored 27 goals and 52 points in a sophomore season. He’s clocked in around 14 goals most years, more or less, since then.
The Flames seemed pretty quiet for much of the deadline, but a few late entries makes their haul look more impressive. They surprisingly grabbed a second-round pick from the Colorado Avalanche for goalie Reto Berra, so all of a sudden they added second and third-rounders for two players who didn’t figure to be re-signed this offseason.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 11
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)