Mar 5, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
In the case of Stempniak, the Penguins sent a third-round pick to the Calgary Flames, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger. Pittsburgh sent a third and fifth-rounder to the Florida Panthers for Goc earlier today.
Stempniak, 31, has eight goals and 23 points in 52 games with the Flames this season. His best scoring season (by far) came with the St. Louis Blues in 2006-07, when he scored 27 goals and 52 points in a sophomore season. He’s clocked in around 14 goals most years, more or less, since then.
The Flames seemed pretty quiet for much of the deadline, but a few late entries makes their haul look more impressive. They surprisingly grabbed a second-round pick from the Colorado Avalanche for goalie Reto Berra, so all of a sudden they added second and third-rounders for two players who didn’t figure to be re-signed this offseason.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 8
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (50)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)