Mar 5, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
In the case of Stempniak, the Penguins sent a third-round pick to the Calgary Flames, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger. Pittsburgh sent a third and fifth-rounder to the Florida Panthers for Goc earlier today.
Stempniak, 31, has eight goals and 23 points in 52 games with the Flames this season. His best scoring season (by far) came with the St. Louis Blues in 2006-07, when he scored 27 goals and 52 points in a sophomore season. He’s clocked in around 14 goals most years, more or less, since then.
The Flames seemed pretty quiet for much of the deadline, but a few late entries makes their haul look more impressive. They surprisingly grabbed a second-round pick from the Colorado Avalanche for goalie Reto Berra, so all of a sudden they added second and third-rounders for two players who didn’t figure to be re-signed this offseason.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 4
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)