Mar 5, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Los Angeles and Buffalo have combined on a trade involving picks and prospects, with the Kings getting American League standout Brayden McNabb as part of the deal.
L.A. will receive McNabb and two second-round picks, while Buffalo will get prospects Hudson Fasching and Nicolas Deslauriers, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
McNabb, 23, was Buffalo’s third-round pick (66th overall0 at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has 37 games of NHL experience, including 12 this year, and is a big-bodied presence on the back end (6-foot-4, 210 pounds).
McNabb was also named to the ’14 AHL All-Star Game this year after starring for Buffalo’s affiliate in Rochester.
Fasching, 18, was L.A.’s fourth-round pick at the ’13 Entry Draft. He’s having a solid freshman campaign at the University of Minnesota, scoring 12 goals and 27 points in 31 games this year.
Deslauriers, 23, was a ’09 draftees as well and has spent the last three years in AHL Manchester.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 20
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)