Mar 5, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Los Angeles and Buffalo have combined on a trade involving picks and prospects, with the Kings getting American League standout Brayden McNabb as part of the deal.
L.A. will receive McNabb and two second-round picks, while Buffalo will get prospects Hudson Fasching and Nicolas Deslauriers, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
McNabb, 23, was Buffalo’s third-round pick (66th overall0 at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has 37 games of NHL experience, including 12 this year, and is a big-bodied presence on the back end (6-foot-4, 210 pounds).
McNabb was also named to the ’14 AHL All-Star Game this year after starring for Buffalo’s affiliate in Rochester.
Fasching, 18, was L.A.’s fourth-round pick at the ’13 Entry Draft. He’s having a solid freshman campaign at the University of Minnesota, scoring 12 goals and 27 points in 31 games this year.
Deslauriers, 23, was a ’09 draftees as well and has spent the last three years in AHL Manchester.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)