Mar 5, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Los Angeles and Buffalo have combined on a trade involving picks and prospects, with the Kings getting American League standout Brayden McNabb as part of the deal.
L.A. will receive McNabb and two second-round picks, while Buffalo will get prospects Hudson Fasching and Nicolas Deslauriers, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
McNabb, 23, was Buffalo’s third-round pick (66th overall0 at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has 37 games of NHL experience, including 12 this year, and is a big-bodied presence on the back end (6-foot-4, 210 pounds).
McNabb was also named to the ’14 AHL All-Star Game this year after starring for Buffalo’s affiliate in Rochester.
Fasching, 18, was L.A.’s fourth-round pick at the ’13 Entry Draft. He’s having a solid freshman campaign at the University of Minnesota, scoring 12 goals and 27 points in 31 games this year.
Deslauriers, 23, was a ’09 draftees as well and has spent the last three years in AHL Manchester.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)