Mar 5, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Los Angeles and Buffalo have combined on a trade involving picks and prospects, with the Kings getting American League standout Brayden McNabb as part of the deal.
L.A. will receive McNabb and two second-round picks, while Buffalo will get prospects Hudson Fasching and Nicolas Deslauriers, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
McNabb, 23, was Buffalo’s third-round pick (66th overall0 at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has 37 games of NHL experience, including 12 this year, and is a big-bodied presence on the back end (6-foot-4, 210 pounds).
McNabb was also named to the ’14 AHL All-Star Game this year after starring for Buffalo’s affiliate in Rochester.
Fasching, 18, was L.A.’s fourth-round pick at the ’13 Entry Draft. He’s having a solid freshman campaign at the University of Minnesota, scoring 12 goals and 27 points in 31 games this year.
Deslauriers, 23, was a ’09 draftees as well and has spent the last three years in AHL Manchester.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)