Mar 5, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Los Angeles and Buffalo have combined on a trade involving picks and prospects, with the Kings getting American League standout Brayden McNabb as part of the deal.
L.A. will receive McNabb and two second-round picks, while Buffalo will get prospects Hudson Fasching and Nicolas Deslauriers, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
McNabb, 23, was Buffalo’s third-round pick (66th overall0 at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He has 37 games of NHL experience, including 12 this year, and is a big-bodied presence on the back end (6-foot-4, 210 pounds).
McNabb was also named to the ’14 AHL All-Star Game this year after starring for Buffalo’s affiliate in Rochester.
Fasching, 18, was L.A.’s fourth-round pick at the ’13 Entry Draft. He’s having a solid freshman campaign at the University of Minnesota, scoring 12 goals and 27 points in 31 games this year.
Deslauriers, 23, was a ’09 draftees as well and has spent the last three years in AHL Manchester.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)