Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele left Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders in the second period, and did not return due to a possible knee injury.
The Jets rallied in the third period, sending the game into overtime, before eventually losing by a final score of 3-2. How long the Jets might possibly lose Scheifele, who has 13 goals and 34 points in 63 games, remains unknown.
This was a tough night on both teams for injuries. Jets’ winger Chris Thorburn, who was involved in a first-period fight with Matt Martin less than three minutes into the game, played only one more shift because of an apparent upper-body injury. Thorburn was cut above the left eye during the fight.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)