Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele left Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders in the second period, and did not return due to a possible knee injury.
The Jets rallied in the third period, sending the game into overtime, before eventually losing by a final score of 3-2. How long the Jets might possibly lose Scheifele, who has 13 goals and 34 points in 63 games, remains unknown.
This was a tough night on both teams for injuries. Jets’ winger Chris Thorburn, who was involved in a first-period fight with Matt Martin less than three minutes into the game, played only one more shift because of an apparent upper-body injury. Thorburn was cut above the left eye during the fight.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36