Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele left Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders in the second period, and did not return due to a possible knee injury.
The Jets rallied in the third period, sending the game into overtime, before eventually losing by a final score of 3-2. How long the Jets might possibly lose Scheifele, who has 13 goals and 34 points in 63 games, remains unknown.
This was a tough night on both teams for injuries. Jets’ winger Chris Thorburn, who was involved in a first-period fight with Matt Martin less than three minutes into the game, played only one more shift because of an apparent upper-body injury. Thorburn was cut above the left eye during the fight.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 2
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 5
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 8
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 35
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)