Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele left Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders in the second period, and did not return due to a possible knee injury.
The Jets rallied in the third period, sending the game into overtime, before eventually losing by a final score of 3-2. How long the Jets might possibly lose Scheifele, who has 13 goals and 34 points in 63 games, remains unknown.
This was a tough night on both teams for injuries. Jets’ winger Chris Thorburn, who was involved in a first-period fight with Matt Martin less than three minutes into the game, played only one more shift because of an apparent upper-body injury. Thorburn was cut above the left eye during the fight.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)