Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
Winnipeg Jets forward Mark Scheifele left Tuesday’s game against the New York Islanders in the second period, and did not return due to a possible knee injury.
The Jets rallied in the third period, sending the game into overtime, before eventually losing by a final score of 3-2. How long the Jets might possibly lose Scheifele, who has 13 goals and 34 points in 63 games, remains unknown.
This was a tough night on both teams for injuries. Jets’ winger Chris Thorburn, who was involved in a first-period fight with Matt Martin less than three minutes into the game, played only one more shift because of an apparent upper-body injury. Thorburn was cut above the left eye during the fight.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (47)