Mar 5, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
Tim Bozon, a Montreal Canadiens prospect and star in the Western Hockey League, is in critical condition after being diagnosed with meningitis, the league stated in a release Wednesday.
From the WHL:
Tim Bozon was admitted to Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon on Saturday, March 1 and has been diagnosed with Neisseria Meningitis. Tim’s parents, Phillippe and Helene Bozon, have been with him at the hospital in Saskatoon since arriving on Sunday from their home in Cureglia, Switzerland. The family has indicated to the WHL that Tim’s condition is critical.
Public health officials are in the process of reviewing the case to ensure all the necessary precautions are taken and anyone who had direct contact with the player receives appropriate treatment.
The 19-year-old Bozon is in his first season with the WHL’s Kootenay Ice, after being drafted by the Canadiens in the third round, 64th overall, of the 2012 NHL darft.
According to the CBC, health officials have confirmed that several players from different teams that may have been in contact with Bozon have been given an antibiotic.
“For meningitis only close contacts who may have come in contact with oral secretions are considered,” the CBC quoted health officials as saying in a release.
“Usually for sporadic cases that just means household contacts. In case of sports teams it becomes a bit more complicated because teams may share water bottles etc., and be in close contact with teams they play against; so other teams and referees are also being considered close contacts.”
May 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Blackhawks fans probably remember him.
May 3, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Brandon Saad: “We have to regroup, refocus and get the job done.”
May 3, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
It’s unclear if this is injury-related.
May 3, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Three games for a pretty busy Sunday.
May 3, 2015, 12:30 AM EDT
Yeah, it was quite a goal from No. 8.
May 2, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Didn’t waste time getting on the board in Game 2.
May 2, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
But it doesn’t sound like there will be a dramatic, sudden return.
May 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
“You only have one life, enjoy it.”
May 2, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
Without a goal in this post-season.
May 2, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Minnesota almost completed the comeback in Game 1.
May 2, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
“Since the voting period began, we’ve received an astounding 20.4 million votes…”
May 2, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
The Caps were out-shot 15-4 and out-scored 2-0 in the opening 20.
May 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Lundqvist made 30 saves as New York edged Washington 3-2 in Game 2.
May 2, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
The highlight-reel goal pulls the Caps to within one.
May 2, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He suffered a lower body injury on Friday.
May 2, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Paperwork filed for environmental study.
May 2, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
One of four first period saves made by the Rangers’ starter.
May 2, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
Opened the scoring 38 seconds in.
May 2, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
Puck drop is at 12:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
May 2, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
He made his NHL debut in April.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 6
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)