Mar 5, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Boston has added another piece to its blueline, getting Andrej Meszaros from Philly in exchange for a third-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Meszaros, 28, has been the odd man out in Philly for most of the year, sitting long stretches as a healthy scratch while making just 38 total appearances. Offensively, he’s a decent pickup — five goals and 17 points this season — but his work defensively and skating ability leave something to be desired.
It will be interesting to see if he’s paired at all with Zdeno Chara in Boston. The two have been teammates on the Slovakian national team for a while, and were d-man partners in Ottawa during the 2005-06 campaign.
Meszaros is in the final of a six-year, $24 million deal with a $4 million cap hit.
— Jason Brough (@JasonPHT) March 5, 2014
Earlier today, the Bruins claimed Edmonton defenseman Corey Potter off waivers.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 7
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 34
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 147
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (147)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)