Mar 4, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Lost in all today’s trade talk, there are actual games in the NHL tonight. Ten of them, to be specific. And perhaps none bigger from a making-or-missing-the-playoffs perspective than Detroit at New Jersey.
Consider: If the Red Wings win in regulation, the Devils would fall five points back of the final wild card spot in the East, with just 19 games left to catch up. If, however, New Jersey wins in regulation, depending how Columbus does at home versus Dallas, the Devils could climb all the way to within a point of a playoff spot, with another game Friday against the Wings (in Detroit).
“It should be a fun game,” Brunner said. “A lot of faces I know over there. It’s going to be a big game for us. We play them back-to-back here. We’re both in the playoff race. There’s going to be four big points on the line.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54