Mar 4, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
The most surprising decision was Conacher, the 24-year-old who finished sixth in Calder voting last season as the league’s top rookie. The diminutive winger has played 59 games this year, scoring four goals and 20 points, but his ice time has dipped to 12:20 per game, an indication he’s struggled to find his niche in the Sens lineup.
Conacher is best known as the piece Ottawa acquired at last year’s deadline in exchange for Ben Bishop. To say the trade has been lopsided is an understatement — Bishop has turned in a Vezina-caliber year in Tampa Bay, ranking among the league leaders in shutouts (four), wins (29), GAA (2.05) and save percentage (.932).
Conacher’s in the last year of a deal that carries a modest $871,250 cap hit.
As for Corvo, the 36-year-old rearguard’s struggled for a regular spot in the Ottawa lineup, but has scored 10 points in just 25 appearances this season, showing a decent offensive pop. He’s on a $900,000 deal that expires at year’s end, so he could be a depth pickup for a club wanting veteran d-man experience come playoff time.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)