Mar 4, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
The most surprising decision was Conacher, the 24-year-old who finished sixth in Calder voting last season as the league’s top rookie. The diminutive winger has played 59 games this year, scoring four goals and 20 points, but his ice time has dipped to 12:20 per game, an indication he’s struggled to find his niche in the Sens lineup.
Conacher is best known as the piece Ottawa acquired at last year’s deadline in exchange for Ben Bishop. To say the trade has been lopsided is an understatement — Bishop has turned in a Vezina-caliber year in Tampa Bay, ranking among the league leaders in shutouts (four), wins (29), GAA (2.05) and save percentage (.932).
Conacher’s in the last year of a deal that carries a modest $871,250 cap hit.
As for Corvo, the 36-year-old rearguard’s struggled for a regular spot in the Ottawa lineup, but has scored 10 points in just 25 appearances this season, showing a decent offensive pop. He’s on a $900,000 deal that expires at year’s end, so he could be a depth pickup for a club wanting veteran d-man experience come playoff time.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)