Mar 4, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
The most surprising decision was Conacher, the 24-year-old who finished sixth in Calder voting last season as the league’s top rookie. The diminutive winger has played 59 games this year, scoring four goals and 20 points, but his ice time has dipped to 12:20 per game, an indication he’s struggled to find his niche in the Sens lineup.
Conacher is best known as the piece Ottawa acquired at last year’s deadline in exchange for Ben Bishop. To say the trade has been lopsided is an understatement — Bishop has turned in a Vezina-caliber year in Tampa Bay, ranking among the league leaders in shutouts (four), wins (29), GAA (2.05) and save percentage (.932).
Conacher’s in the last year of a deal that carries a modest $871,250 cap hit.
As for Corvo, the 36-year-old rearguard’s struggled for a regular spot in the Ottawa lineup, but has scored 10 points in just 25 appearances this season, showing a decent offensive pop. He’s on a $900,000 deal that expires at year’s end, so he could be a depth pickup for a club wanting veteran d-man experience come playoff time.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)