Mar 4, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
A couple of tweets to stoke some Roberto Luongo trade speculation:
Of course, based on the numbers, the Caps have actually received pretty good goaltending this season from Braden Holtby, Philipp Grubauer, and Michal Neuvirth. Washington’s team save percentage is .914, tied with San Jose for 12th in the NHL.
As for another potential destination, I’ll throw in a couple of tweets of my own:
But we all know the problems with Luongo’s contract, so far as trading him is concerned. (He knows it, too.) Those issues remain, though with a rising salary cap maybe they’re not as pronounced as they were a year ago.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39