Mar 4, 2014, 8:39 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
It was bad enough that Chicago’s Corey Crawford didn’t get his special Stadium Series mask to wear thanks to it not showing up, but now his leg pads have been stolen as well. At least we know now that goalie equipment aren’t the “tools of ignorance” in hockey. (CSNChicago.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Tuesday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Capitals prospect and 2013 first-round pick Andre Burakovsky is having a big first season in Erie and GM George McPhee can’t help but rave about him. (NHL.com)
Speaking of Capitals prospects, the Evgeni Kuznetsov era may be about to begin:
Finally… Oh, Roberto Luongo – you’re just the best. Also, gross.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2