Mar 4, 2014, 8:39 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
It was bad enough that Chicago’s Corey Crawford didn’t get his special Stadium Series mask to wear thanks to it not showing up, but now his leg pads have been stolen as well. At least we know now that goalie equipment aren’t the “tools of ignorance” in hockey. (CSNChicago.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Tuesday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Capitals prospect and 2013 first-round pick Andre Burakovsky is having a big first season in Erie and GM George McPhee can’t help but rave about him. (NHL.com)
Speaking of Capitals prospects, the Evgeni Kuznetsov era may be about to begin:
Finally… Oh, Roberto Luongo – you’re just the best. Also, gross.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11