Mar 4, 2014, 8:39 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
It was bad enough that Chicago’s Corey Crawford didn’t get his special Stadium Series mask to wear thanks to it not showing up, but now his leg pads have been stolen as well. At least we know now that goalie equipment aren’t the “tools of ignorance” in hockey. (CSNChicago.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Tuesday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Capitals prospect and 2013 first-round pick Andre Burakovsky is having a big first season in Erie and GM George McPhee can’t help but rave about him. (NHL.com)
Speaking of Capitals prospects, the Evgeni Kuznetsov era may be about to begin:
Finally… Oh, Roberto Luongo – you’re just the best. Also, gross.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13