Mar 4, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
NBCSN continues its coverage of the 2013-14 campaign tonight when the St. Louis Blues host the Tampa Bay Lightning at Scottrade Center at 8:00 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
One of the joys of trade deadline time is the storylines it creates late in the season. There’s no better example of that than tonight’s game in St. Louis between the Blues and Lightning.
On the one hand, the St. Louis Blues have already made their deadline move acquiring Ryan Miller and Steve Ott from Buffalo. While those two have already made their Blues debut on Sunday night against the Phoenix Coyotes, they’ll be making their first appearance in St. Louis tonight.
Miller only made 23 saves in the Blues’ 4-2 win against the Coyotes and had to come back from being down 2-0 in the third to do it. Life is a bit different from how it was in Buffalo, that’s for sure.
The more important part of that win for the Blues is it snapped a two-game losing skid. They’re locked in a battle atop the Central Division with the Chicago Blackhawks and losing any game the rest of the way could mean the difference in who gets home ice advantage in the playoffs.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,200 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $275. Starts Tuesday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Tampa Bay Lightning are on the flipside of trade talks. Instead of making moves, the stories of late surround whether or not they’re going to make a big move. The center of attention there is captain Martin St. Louis.
Talk persists over whether or not he wants to stay in Tampa and while he’s continued to play outstanding hockey, the Bolts have been a bit inconsistent of late (three wins in the last nine games) and have fallen behind the Montreal Canadiens in the Atlantic Division.
Tampa doesn’t have to make many moves as their biggest “acquisition” will come in the form of Steven Stamkos‘ eventual return. Could tonight be St. Louis’ final game in a Lightning jersey? Sure, but it’s up to Ben Bishop and coach Jon Cooper to not let that become a distraction.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Their in Vancouver to face the Canucks on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Crawford pulled in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Crawford was pulled late in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
That’s a blow to Calgary’s post-season hopes.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Nine points since joining Florida.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Not a great start for Chicago.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Vancouver laid another egg last night versus the Avs.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)