Mar 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur, one of the best goalies of all-time and a New Jersey Devils great, could indeed be on the move to another National Hockey League team when all is done Wednesday.
On Tuesday, in what might be his last game with the Devils depending on what happens Wednesday, Brodeur recorded a 4-3 victory over the Detroit Red Wings. Stephen Gionta scored the winner with 37 seconds remaining in regulation time. For Brodeur, it’s career regular season win 684 – all with the Devils. As per Dan Rosen of NHL.com, the fans at the Prudential Center began chanting ‘We want Marty!’
“This is who I am. I’m a Devil, and I’m always going to be a Devil, regardless of what happens tomorrow,” Brodeur said, as per The Star-Ledger.
Brodeur, who has been relegated to back-up duties for the most part behind Cory Schneider, added that he’s had talks with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello in the lead-up to Wednesday.
“I had some good conversations with Lou about what I want to do for the rest of the year and maybe next year, and from there, it’s up to him to make the decision,” Brodeur said to the Star-Ledger. “He knows exactly where I stand.”
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 0
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 18
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)