Mar 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Martin Brodeur, one of the best goalies of all-time and a New Jersey Devils great, could indeed be on the move to another National Hockey League team when all is done Wednesday.
On Tuesday, in what might be his last game with the Devils depending on what happens Wednesday, Brodeur recorded a 4-3 victory over the Detroit Red Wings. Stephen Gionta scored the winner with 37 seconds remaining in regulation time. For Brodeur, it’s career regular season win 684 – all with the Devils. As per Dan Rosen of NHL.com, the fans at the Prudential Center began chanting ‘We want Marty!’
“This is who I am. I’m a Devil, and I’m always going to be a Devil, regardless of what happens tomorrow,” Brodeur said, as per The Star-Ledger.
Brodeur, who has been relegated to back-up duties for the most part behind Cory Schneider, added that he’s had talks with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello in the lead-up to Wednesday.
“I had some good conversations with Lou about what I want to do for the rest of the year and maybe next year, and from there, it’s up to him to make the decision,” Brodeur said to the Star-Ledger. “He knows exactly where I stand.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)