Mar 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur, one of the best goalies of all-time and a New Jersey Devils great, could indeed be on the move to another National Hockey League team when all is done Wednesday.
On Tuesday, in what might be his last game with the Devils depending on what happens Wednesday, Brodeur recorded a 4-3 victory over the Detroit Red Wings. Stephen Gionta scored the winner with 37 seconds remaining in regulation time. For Brodeur, it’s career regular season win 684 – all with the Devils. As per Dan Rosen of NHL.com, the fans at the Prudential Center began chanting ‘We want Marty!’
“This is who I am. I’m a Devil, and I’m always going to be a Devil, regardless of what happens tomorrow,” Brodeur said, as per The Star-Ledger.
Brodeur, who has been relegated to back-up duties for the most part behind Cory Schneider, added that he’s had talks with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello in the lead-up to Wednesday.
“I had some good conversations with Lou about what I want to do for the rest of the year and maybe next year, and from there, it’s up to him to make the decision,” Brodeur said to the Star-Ledger. “He knows exactly where I stand.”
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)