Mar 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur, one of the best goalies of all-time and a New Jersey Devils great, could indeed be on the move to another National Hockey League team when all is done Wednesday.
On Tuesday, in what might be his last game with the Devils depending on what happens Wednesday, Brodeur recorded a 4-3 victory over the Detroit Red Wings. Stephen Gionta scored the winner with 37 seconds remaining in regulation time. For Brodeur, it’s career regular season win 684 – all with the Devils. As per Dan Rosen of NHL.com, the fans at the Prudential Center began chanting ‘We want Marty!’
“This is who I am. I’m a Devil, and I’m always going to be a Devil, regardless of what happens tomorrow,” Brodeur said, as per The Star-Ledger.
Brodeur, who has been relegated to back-up duties for the most part behind Cory Schneider, added that he’s had talks with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello in the lead-up to Wednesday.
“I had some good conversations with Lou about what I want to do for the rest of the year and maybe next year, and from there, it’s up to him to make the decision,” Brodeur said to the Star-Ledger. “He knows exactly where I stand.”
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)