Mar 4, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
The New York Rangers are interested in Ryan Kesler, but the feeling isn’t mutual.
Kesler has reportedly refused to waive his no-trade clause for a potential deal to the Rangers, according to the New York Post. The report has since been confirmed by ESPN New York, essentially killing any chance of a Kesler-Alain Vigneault reunion in the Big Apple.
Kesler, 29, has also reportedly shot down any potential move to Columbus as well.
Philadelphia, Anaheim and Pittsburgh have emerged as the three most rumored suitors for Kesler’s services. The 29-year-old has been shopped around by Vancouver and is arguably the biggest impact player available on the trade market, though it’s unclear of Canucks GM Mike Gillis will be able to orchestrate the right deal prior to Wednesday’s deadline.
Turning down New York is an interesting move from Kesler, as he enjoyed some of the best years of his career under Vigneault. That includes the 2010-11 season, when Kesler scored a career-high 41 goals and captured his first Selke Trophy as the league’s top defensive forward.
That said, Vigneault and Kesler didn’t always see eye-to-eye on things and there were reports of discord among the two.
It’s unknown what the Rangers were offering for Kesler, though Vancouver’s reported asking price is a roster player, first-round pick and a prospect.
Related: PHT Extra: Where will Kesler end up?
Apr 18, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Both will look to give their respective teams a 2-1 series lead.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
He made 42 saves in Chicago’s Game 1 win.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
Puck drop for both games is at 3 p.m. ET.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He won’t play Games 3 and 4.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
He could be suspended for Game 3.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Neither will play Game 2 tonight.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
He received an instigator penalty late in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He’s been out since mid-March with an arm injury.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Tampa Bay looks to avoid a sixth straight postseason loss.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)