Mar 4, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
The New York Rangers are interested in Ryan Kesler, but the feeling isn’t mutual.
Kesler has reportedly refused to waive his no-trade clause for a potential deal to the Rangers, according to the New York Post. The report has since been confirmed by ESPN New York, essentially killing any chance of a Kesler-Alain Vigneault reunion in the Big Apple.
Kesler, 29, has also reportedly shot down any potential move to Columbus as well.
Philadelphia, Anaheim and Pittsburgh have emerged as the three most rumored suitors for Kesler’s services. The 29-year-old has been shopped around by Vancouver and is arguably the biggest impact player available on the trade market, though it’s unclear of Canucks GM Mike Gillis will be able to orchestrate the right deal prior to Wednesday’s deadline.
Turning down New York is an interesting move from Kesler, as he enjoyed some of the best years of his career under Vigneault. That includes the 2010-11 season, when Kesler scored a career-high 41 goals and captured his first Selke Trophy as the league’s top defensive forward.
That said, Vigneault and Kesler didn’t always see eye-to-eye on things and there were reports of discord among the two.
It’s unknown what the Rangers were offering for Kesler, though Vancouver’s reported asking price is a roster player, first-round pick and a prospect.
Related: PHT Extra: Where will Kesler end up?
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)