Mar 4, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Chicago has picked up minor-league defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix in exchange for a second-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
The higher profile of the two rearguards is Rundblad, who was the 17th overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. This marks the third time he’s been traded — he was flipped to Ottawa for a pick at the ’10 Draft (which the Blues turned into Vladimir Tarasenko), then flipped to Phoenix in the Kyle Turris deal.
Rundblad has one point in 12 games with the Coyotes this season and nine points in 50 career contests. Brisebois, meanwhile, is an undrafted free agent that signed with the Coyotes last season, and has four points in 28 games for AHL Portland.
At first glance, it appears the ‘Hawks are restocking their prospect pool. The team has flipped away a number of youngsters lately, including Dylan Olsen, Jimmy Hayes and Brandon Pirri — all of whom landed in Florida.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (73)