Mar 4, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Chicago has picked up minor-league defensemen David Rundblad and Mathieu Brisebois from Phoenix in exchange for a second-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
The higher profile of the two rearguards is Rundblad, who was the 17th overall selection at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. This marks the third time he’s been traded — he was flipped to Ottawa for a pick at the ’10 Draft (which the Blues turned into Vladimir Tarasenko), then flipped to Phoenix in the Kyle Turris deal.
Rundblad has one point in 12 games with the Coyotes this season and nine points in 50 career contests. Brisebois, meanwhile, is an undrafted free agent that signed with the Coyotes last season, and has four points in 28 games for AHL Portland.
At first glance, it appears the ‘Hawks are restocking their prospect pool. The team has flipped away a number of youngsters lately, including Dylan Olsen, Jimmy Hayes and Brandon Pirri — all of whom landed in Florida.
- Mike Richards clears waivers 4
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 4
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)