Mar 4, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Roberto Luongo will make his first post-Olympics start tonight when the Canucks take on the Coyotes in Phoenix.
Luongo was parked for Vancouver’s first three games out of the break in favor of Eddie Lack — including, most controversially, the Heritage Classic loss to Ottawa on Sunday — and it’ll be interesting to see how the veteran reacts to another goalie saga (granted, a less contentious one than Luongo had with Cory Schneider.)
Luongo’s Olympic teammate, Mike Smith, will get the start in goal for Phoenix.
(Related: Click here to read about Washington “looking at” Luongo.)
UPDATE: Yeah, Luongo isn’t starting.
Marty goes for Devils
Brodeur’s name surfaced in a report suggesting he was going to Minnesota, only to see the Wild acquire Ilya Bryzgalov from Edmonton instead. As such, it seems unlikely Brodeur will move by tomorrow’s trade deadline… though that’s not ruling it out entirely.
Brodeur played well in his last outing — stopping 18 of 19 shots in a 6-1 win over the Islanders — and he’ll take on Jimmy Howard in the Detroit goal tonight.
Islanders at Jets: Anders Nilsson vs. Ondrej Pavelec
Avalanche at Blackhawks: Corey Crawford for Chicago, no word on Colorado starter.
Hurricanes at Sharks: Alex Stalock for San Jose, no word on Carolina starter.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)