Mar 4, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Roberto Luongo will make his first post-Olympics start tonight when the Canucks take on the Coyotes in Phoenix.
Luongo was parked for Vancouver’s first three games out of the break in favor of Eddie Lack — including, most controversially, the Heritage Classic loss to Ottawa on Sunday — and it’ll be interesting to see how the veteran reacts to another goalie saga (granted, a less contentious one than Luongo had with Cory Schneider.)
Luongo’s Olympic teammate, Mike Smith, will get the start in goal for Phoenix.
(Related: Click here to read about Washington “looking at” Luongo.)
UPDATE: Yeah, Luongo isn’t starting.
Marty goes for Devils
Brodeur’s name surfaced in a report suggesting he was going to Minnesota, only to see the Wild acquire Ilya Bryzgalov from Edmonton instead. As such, it seems unlikely Brodeur will move by tomorrow’s trade deadline… though that’s not ruling it out entirely.
Brodeur played well in his last outing — stopping 18 of 19 shots in a 6-1 win over the Islanders — and he’ll take on Jimmy Howard in the Detroit goal tonight.
Islanders at Jets: Anders Nilsson vs. Ondrej Pavelec
Avalanche at Blackhawks: Corey Crawford for Chicago, no word on Colorado starter.
Hurricanes at Sharks: Alex Stalock for San Jose, no word on Carolina starter.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)