Mar 4, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired blue-liner Andrew MacDonald from the Islanders for a third-round draft pick in 2014, a second-round pick in 2015, and 24-year-old AHL center Matt Mangene.
MacDonald is a pending unrestricted free agent. The 27-year-old has four goals and 20 assists in 63 games this season, while averaging 25:25 of ice time. Only four d-men in the entire NHL have logged more total minutes.
The trade leaves Philadelphia with an abundance of defensemen, so don’t be surprised if one of them gets shipped out by tomorrow.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)