Mar 4, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired blue-liner Andrew MacDonald from the Islanders for a third-round draft pick in 2014, a second-round pick in 2015, and 24-year-old AHL center Matt Mangene.
MacDonald is a pending unrestricted free agent. The 27-year-old has four goals and 20 assists in 63 games this season, while averaging 25:25 of ice time. Only four d-men in the entire NHL have logged more total minutes.
The trade leaves Philadelphia with an abundance of defensemen, so don’t be surprised if one of them gets shipped out by tomorrow.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)