Mar 4, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired blue-liner Andrew MacDonald from the Islanders for a third-round draft pick in 2014, a second-round pick in 2015, and 24-year-old AHL center Matt Mangene.
MacDonald is a pending unrestricted free agent. The 27-year-old has four goals and 20 assists in 63 games this season, while averaging 25:25 of ice time. Only four d-men in the entire NHL have logged more total minutes.
The trade leaves Philadelphia with an abundance of defensemen, so don’t be surprised if one of them gets shipped out by tomorrow.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)