Mar 4, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired blue-liner Andrew MacDonald from the Islanders for a third-round draft pick in 2014, a second-round pick in 2015, and 24-year-old AHL center Matt Mangene.
MacDonald is a pending unrestricted free agent. The 27-year-old has four goals and 20 assists in 63 games this season, while averaging 25:25 of ice time. Only four d-men in the entire NHL have logged more total minutes.
The trade leaves Philadelphia with an abundance of defensemen, so don’t be surprised if one of them gets shipped out by tomorrow.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)