Mar 4, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired blue-liner Andrew MacDonald from the Islanders for a third-round draft pick in 2014, a second-round pick in 2015, and 24-year-old AHL center Matt Mangene.
MacDonald is a pending unrestricted free agent. The 27-year-old has four goals and 20 assists in 63 games this season, while averaging 25:25 of ice time. Only four d-men in the entire NHL have logged more total minutes.
The trade leaves Philadelphia with an abundance of defensemen, so don’t be surprised if one of them gets shipped out by tomorrow.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13