Mar 4, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have been extremely busy in the day prior to the NHL trade deadline.
Having already flipped Dustin Penner to Washington and Viktor Fasth to Edmonton, the Ducks solidified their back end by acquiring veteran blueliner Stephane Robidas from Dallas, according to the O.C. Register.
In exchange, Dallas receives the fourth-round pick Anaheim received from Washington in the Penner deal.
Robidas, 37, has been out of action since Nov. 30 with a severe leg break. He broke both his tibia and fibia, which required a rod being inserted into the tibia and screws inserted into his ankle and knee. Robidas was given a 4-6 month recovery timetable but, within days of undergoing surgery, the veteran rearguard was already doing upper leg exercises and trying to development movement in his ankle.
Robidas is in the final of a four-year, $13.2 million deal with a $3.3 million cap hit. He has resumed skating and is believed to be on target for a mid-March return to game action.
Here’s more on the deal, from the Dallas Morning News:
I’m hearing Robidas to Ducks for conditional 4th rounder. It becomes a 3rd if they win two rounds and he plays in 50% of playoff games.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) March 4, 2014
Update: There are rumblings of Anaheim clearing space to potentially make a move for Thomas Vanek. The Ducks already had significant cap space prior to moving Penner and Fasth (even with adding Robidas), so it’ll be interesting to see what kind of package would be drawn up in the event of a trade with the Isles.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)