Mar 4, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, is in the final of a five-year, $30 million deal that includes a limited NTC (hence the seven-team list). There are expected to be suitors for his services leading up to Wednesday’s deadline, as the former King and Canadien has scored 20 goals five times during his 11-year career, and sits tied for second on the Flames with 14 this season.
As for what interim Calgary GM Brian Burke is hoping to get out of the deal? Here’s more, from the Sun:
If Burke can wrangle up a first-round draft pick for a rental the exercise will have been considered an unmitigated success.
A second-rounder would also suffice, assuming it would come with a young prospect of some sort.
A third-rounder in return would be considered a fail unless the deal also includes a decent prospect.
Cammalleri is widely considered consolation prize No. 3 for teams looking to add a scoring winger. Tomas Vanek and Matt Moulson are Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, so it’s possible Burke may need to wait for those chips to fall before pulling a deal.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)