Mar 4, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, is in the final of a five-year, $30 million deal that includes a limited NTC (hence the seven-team list). There are expected to be suitors for his services leading up to Wednesday’s deadline, as the former King and Canadien has scored 20 goals five times during his 11-year career, and sits tied for second on the Flames with 14 this season.
As for what interim Calgary GM Brian Burke is hoping to get out of the deal? Here’s more, from the Sun:
If Burke can wrangle up a first-round draft pick for a rental the exercise will have been considered an unmitigated success.
A second-rounder would also suffice, assuming it would come with a young prospect of some sort.
A third-rounder in return would be considered a fail unless the deal also includes a decent prospect.
Cammalleri is widely considered consolation prize No. 3 for teams looking to add a scoring winger. Tomas Vanek and Matt Moulson are Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, so it’s possible Burke may need to wait for those chips to fall before pulling a deal.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 12
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28