Mar 4, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, is in the final of a five-year, $30 million deal that includes a limited NTC (hence the seven-team list). There are expected to be suitors for his services leading up to Wednesday’s deadline, as the former King and Canadien has scored 20 goals five times during his 11-year career, and sits tied for second on the Flames with 14 this season.
As for what interim Calgary GM Brian Burke is hoping to get out of the deal? Here’s more, from the Sun:
If Burke can wrangle up a first-round draft pick for a rental the exercise will have been considered an unmitigated success.
A second-rounder would also suffice, assuming it would come with a young prospect of some sort.
A third-rounder in return would be considered a fail unless the deal also includes a decent prospect.
Cammalleri is widely considered consolation prize No. 3 for teams looking to add a scoring winger. Tomas Vanek and Matt Moulson are Nos. 1 and 2, respectively, so it’s possible Burke may need to wait for those chips to fall before pulling a deal.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)