Mar 4, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The Oilers traded Ilya Bryzgalov today, and the goalie they acquired from Anaheim, Viktor Fasth, can’t make it to Edmonton in time for tonight’s game versus the Senators. So Ben Scrivens will have a new back-up tonight.
From the club:
The Edmonton Oilers announced that University of Alberta Golden Bears netminder Kurtis Mucha will dress as the back-up goaltender for the Oilers tonight, as they take on the Ottawa Senators at Rexall Place.
The Sherwood Park, Alberta native is doing his second tour of duty with an NHL team, after he filled in for the Boston Bruins during their practice in Edmonton earlier this season.
The 2013 CIS Goaltender of the Year has had another strong season between the pipes for the No.1 ranked team in the nation. He was named a Canada West Second Team All-Star on Tuesday after a regular season in which he recorded a 14-1-1 record, as well as the second-best goals against average (1.87) in the country. He also recorded three shutouts and a .909 save percentage this season.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24