Mar 4, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The Oilers traded Ilya Bryzgalov today, and the goalie they acquired from Anaheim, Viktor Fasth, can’t make it to Edmonton in time for tonight’s game versus the Senators. So Ben Scrivens will have a new back-up tonight.
From the club:
The Edmonton Oilers announced that University of Alberta Golden Bears netminder Kurtis Mucha will dress as the back-up goaltender for the Oilers tonight, as they take on the Ottawa Senators at Rexall Place.
The Sherwood Park, Alberta native is doing his second tour of duty with an NHL team, after he filled in for the Boston Bruins during their practice in Edmonton earlier this season.
The 2013 CIS Goaltender of the Year has had another strong season between the pipes for the No.1 ranked team in the nation. He was named a Canada West Second Team All-Star on Tuesday after a regular season in which he recorded a 14-1-1 record, as well as the second-best goals against average (1.87) in the country. He also recorded three shutouts and a .909 save percentage this season.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)