Mar 4, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The Oilers traded Ilya Bryzgalov today, and the goalie they acquired from Anaheim, Viktor Fasth, can’t make it to Edmonton in time for tonight’s game versus the Senators. So Ben Scrivens will have a new back-up tonight.
From the club:
The Edmonton Oilers announced that University of Alberta Golden Bears netminder Kurtis Mucha will dress as the back-up goaltender for the Oilers tonight, as they take on the Ottawa Senators at Rexall Place.
The Sherwood Park, Alberta native is doing his second tour of duty with an NHL team, after he filled in for the Boston Bruins during their practice in Edmonton earlier this season.
The 2013 CIS Goaltender of the Year has had another strong season between the pipes for the No.1 ranked team in the nation. He was named a Canada West Second Team All-Star on Tuesday after a regular season in which he recorded a 14-1-1 record, as well as the second-best goals against average (1.87) in the country. He also recorded three shutouts and a .909 save percentage this season.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)