Mar 3, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald:
After more than a decade of running the organization, team president Michael Yormark is leaving the Florida Panthers.
Sources close to the situation say Rory Babich will take over for Yormark on Monday afternoon.
Yormark is leaving the Panthers to run the business side of Roc Nation — a sports and entertainment agency headed by Jay-Z. Two former Florida employees with close ties to Yormark already left for Roc Nation over the past few weeks.
Tough to say if this move will have any impact on the team’s fortunes. Probably not, at least in a significant way. This coming offseason may though, as new Panthers ownership is apparently prepared to open the purse strings and let general manager Dale Tallon spend all the way to the cap.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)