Mar 3, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald:
After more than a decade of running the organization, team president Michael Yormark is leaving the Florida Panthers.
Sources close to the situation say Rory Babich will take over for Yormark on Monday afternoon.
Yormark is leaving the Panthers to run the business side of Roc Nation — a sports and entertainment agency headed by Jay-Z. Two former Florida employees with close ties to Yormark already left for Roc Nation over the past few weeks.
Tough to say if this move will have any impact on the team’s fortunes. Probably not, at least in a significant way. This coming offseason may though, as new Panthers ownership is apparently prepared to open the purse strings and let general manager Dale Tallon spend all the way to the cap.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)