Mar 3, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
From the Miami Herald:
After more than a decade of running the organization, team president Michael Yormark is leaving the Florida Panthers.
Sources close to the situation say Rory Babich will take over for Yormark on Monday afternoon.
Yormark is leaving the Panthers to run the business side of Roc Nation — a sports and entertainment agency headed by Jay-Z. Two former Florida employees with close ties to Yormark already left for Roc Nation over the past few weeks.
Tough to say if this move will have any impact on the team’s fortunes. Probably not, at least in a significant way. This coming offseason may though, as new Panthers ownership is apparently prepared to open the purse strings and let general manager Dale Tallon spend all the way to the cap.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)