Mar 3, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Dallas Stars head coach Lindy Ruff hopes to get the 600th win of his career in a fitting way: by beating the Buffalo Sabres, aka the team he won most of his coaching games with on Monday. Coverage (including an NHL Live preview) begins at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN and via the link below.
The Stars hope to tighten their loose grip on a wild card spot in the Western Conference. They’ve been a team altered considerable by a trade in the summer, as Tyler Seguin has made the star jump many hoped for.
Speaking of trades, Buffalo truly moves on from that big Ryan Miller trade on Monday. Jhonas Enroth will play ahead of newly traded Jaroslav Halak while Chris Stewart hopes to make an impact in Buffalo, even if his stay with the Sabres may be notably brief.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 15
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 11
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 26
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 56
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)