Mar 3, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Dallas Stars head coach Lindy Ruff hopes to get the 600th win of his career in a fitting way: by beating the Buffalo Sabres, aka the team he won most of his coaching games with on Monday. Coverage (including an NHL Live preview) begins at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN and via the link below.
The Stars hope to tighten their loose grip on a wild card spot in the Western Conference. They’ve been a team altered considerable by a trade in the summer, as Tyler Seguin has made the star jump many hoped for.
Speaking of trades, Buffalo truly moves on from that big Ryan Miller trade on Monday. Jhonas Enroth will play ahead of newly traded Jaroslav Halak while Chris Stewart hopes to make an impact in Buffalo, even if his stay with the Sabres may be notably brief.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 0
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)