Mar 3, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
Dallas Stars head coach Lindy Ruff hopes to get the 600th win of his career in a fitting way: by beating the Buffalo Sabres, aka the team he won most of his coaching games with on Monday. Coverage (including an NHL Live preview) begins at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN and via the link below.
The Stars hope to tighten their loose grip on a wild card spot in the Western Conference. They’ve been a team altered considerable by a trade in the summer, as Tyler Seguin has made the star jump many hoped for.
Speaking of trades, Buffalo truly moves on from that big Ryan Miller trade on Monday. Jhonas Enroth will play ahead of newly traded Jaroslav Halak while Chris Stewart hopes to make an impact in Buffalo, even if his stay with the Sabres may be notably brief.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)