Mar 3, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Acquired from Los Angeles in January, Scrivens has played well in limited starts for the Oilers, including a brilliant 59-save shutout over San Jose. The 27-year-old Alberta native can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.
Goaltending was a huge issue for Edmonton earlier this season, when Devan Dubnyk, now with Nashville (and on waivers), was struggling. In what was seen by many as an act of desperation, Ilya Bryzgalov was signed in November.
Bryzgalov is a pending unrestricted free agent, and so far there’s been no indication the Oilers will try and re-sign the 33-year-old.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)