Mar 3, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Acquired from Los Angeles in January, Scrivens has played well in limited starts for the Oilers, including a brilliant 59-save shutout over San Jose. The 27-year-old Alberta native can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.
Goaltending was a huge issue for Edmonton earlier this season, when Devan Dubnyk, now with Nashville (and on waivers), was struggling. In what was seen by many as an act of desperation, Ilya Bryzgalov was signed in November.
Bryzgalov is a pending unrestricted free agent, and so far there’s been no indication the Oilers will try and re-sign the 33-year-old.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)