Mar 3, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Acquired from Los Angeles in January, Scrivens has played well in limited starts for the Oilers, including a brilliant 59-save shutout over San Jose. The 27-year-old Alberta native can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.
Goaltending was a huge issue for Edmonton earlier this season, when Devan Dubnyk, now with Nashville (and on waivers), was struggling. In what was seen by many as an act of desperation, Ilya Bryzgalov was signed in November.
Bryzgalov is a pending unrestricted free agent, and so far there’s been no indication the Oilers will try and re-sign the 33-year-old.
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28