Mar 3, 2014, 1:01 PM EST
Acquired from Los Angeles in January, Scrivens has played well in limited starts for the Oilers, including a brilliant 59-save shutout over San Jose. The 27-year-old Alberta native can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.
Goaltending was a huge issue for Edmonton earlier this season, when Devan Dubnyk, now with Nashville (and on waivers), was struggling. In what was seen by many as an act of desperation, Ilya Bryzgalov was signed in November.
Bryzgalov is a pending unrestricted free agent, and so far there’s been no indication the Oilers will try and re-sign the 33-year-old.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8