Mar 3, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Acquired from Los Angeles in January, Scrivens has played well in limited starts for the Oilers, including a brilliant 59-save shutout over San Jose. The 27-year-old Alberta native can become an unrestricted free agent after the 2015-16 season.
Goaltending was a huge issue for Edmonton earlier this season, when Devan Dubnyk, now with Nashville (and on waivers), was struggling. In what was seen by many as an act of desperation, Ilya Bryzgalov was signed in November.
Bryzgalov is a pending unrestricted free agent, and so far there’s been no indication the Oilers will try and re-sign the 33-year-old.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)