Mar 3, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
Is there more than meets the eye in Pat LaFontaine’s “resignation” as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres? Maybe, but don’t expect the former star player to spill the beans on a situation even the Sabres admit seems odd to the outside observer, as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that LaFontaine signed a non-disclosure agreement.
If you enjoy the drama, don’t fret. The Sabres have plenty of other interesting stories to watch as the team determines Ted Nolan’s future as their coach and GM Tim Murray hopes to continue to rebuild the team by potentially moving trade targets such as Jaroslav Halak, Matt Moulson and Chris Stewart.
The Sabres are playing against the Dallas Stars on NBCSN right now. You can stream the game using the link below.
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 17
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 68
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Patrick Kane (fractured clavicle) out 12 weeks after surgery 41
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (71)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)