Mar 3, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Is there more than meets the eye in Pat LaFontaine’s “resignation” as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres? Maybe, but don’t expect the former star player to spill the beans on a situation even the Sabres admit seems odd to the outside observer, as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that LaFontaine signed a non-disclosure agreement.
If you enjoy the drama, don’t fret. The Sabres have plenty of other interesting stories to watch as the team determines Ted Nolan’s future as their coach and GM Tim Murray hopes to continue to rebuild the team by potentially moving trade targets such as Jaroslav Halak, Matt Moulson and Chris Stewart.
The Sabres are playing against the Dallas Stars on NBCSN right now. You can stream the game using the link below.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)