Mar 3, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
Is there more than meets the eye in Pat LaFontaine’s “resignation” as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres? Maybe, but don’t expect the former star player to spill the beans on a situation even the Sabres admit seems odd to the outside observer, as Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports that LaFontaine signed a non-disclosure agreement.
If you enjoy the drama, don’t fret. The Sabres have plenty of other interesting stories to watch as the team determines Ted Nolan’s future as their coach and GM Tim Murray hopes to continue to rebuild the team by potentially moving trade targets such as Jaroslav Halak, Matt Moulson and Chris Stewart.
The Sabres are playing against the Dallas Stars on NBCSN right now. You can stream the game using the link below.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)