Mar 3, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
The Canucks want this approximate package for the 29-year-old forward, at least according to McKenzie in this Insider Trading segment:
1) A center (approximate age: 25) who can fill much of the void left behind by Kesler.
2) A high-end prospect. McKenzie indicates that Vancouver might lean toward a forward in this regard, although he also notes that gaining a defensive piece could allow them to move a blueliner themselves.
3) A first-round draft pick. (Standard stuff at the deadline, in that regard.)
Who would be willing to bite? That remains to be seen as the Wednesday afternoon trade deadline approaches, as teams like the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers are among those rumored to be batting around offers. Darren Dreger adds the Toronto Maple Leafs to the list of teams who are at least interested.
There is no word on whether any of those teams are coming anywhere close to such pricey demands from Canucks GM Mike Gillis.
Some believe that the best time to deal Kesler may in fact be around the 2014 NHL Draft, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)