Mar 3, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The Canucks want this approximate package for the 29-year-old forward, at least according to McKenzie in this Insider Trading segment:
1) A center (approximate age: 25) who can fill much of the void left behind by Kesler.
2) A high-end prospect. McKenzie indicates that Vancouver might lean toward a forward in this regard, although he also notes that gaining a defensive piece could allow them to move a blueliner themselves.
3) A first-round draft pick. (Standard stuff at the deadline, in that regard.)
Who would be willing to bite? That remains to be seen as the Wednesday afternoon trade deadline approaches, as teams like the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers are among those rumored to be batting around offers. Darren Dreger adds the Toronto Maple Leafs to the list of teams who are at least interested.
There is no word on whether any of those teams are coming anywhere close to such pricey demands from Canucks GM Mike Gillis.
Some believe that the best time to deal Kesler may in fact be around the 2014 NHL Draft, but we’ll need to wait and see.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)