Mar 3, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames seem primed to be sellers during the trade deadline, but one difficult-to-move forward might be off the table after Monday, as David Jones left tonight’s game vs. the Minnesota Wild with an upper-body injury. He won’t return.
The 29-year-old probably didn’t carry much value considering the fact that his $4 million cap hit won’t expire until after the 2015-16 season, although the Flames could point to his status as a two-time 20+ goal scorer.
(Perhaps they would also need to take on some of his salary in a hypothetical deal, but it might not matter with this injury anyway.)
Jones has 17 points in 48 games this season.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)