Mar 3, 2014, 10:24 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames seem primed to be sellers during the trade deadline, but one difficult-to-move forward might be off the table after Monday, as David Jones left tonight’s game vs. the Minnesota Wild with an upper-body injury. He won’t return.
The 29-year-old probably didn’t carry much value considering the fact that his $4 million cap hit won’t expire until after the 2015-16 season, although the Flames could point to his status as a two-time 20+ goal scorer.
(Perhaps they would also need to take on some of his salary in a hypothetical deal, but it might not matter with this injury anyway.)
Jones has 17 points in 48 games this season.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 11
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 36
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21