Mar 3, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that the 20-year-old twisted his left leg in the first period of the contest and that it’s most likely that the issue is ankle or knee-related.
You may remember Murray as a player who inspired a Ricky Williams-like all-in offer from the New York Islanders on draft day, which the Blue Jackets rejected. The offensive defenseman has 20 points in 61 games this season and leaves Columbus with another key blueliner on the mend as Fedor Tyutin is also sidelined.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31