Mar 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The results of Daniel Sedin’s MRI have yet to be reported, but with the Canucks’ left winger possibly out weeks or longer with a leg injury, the club has recalled Darren Archibald from AHL Utica.
Archibald, 24, has recorded 21 points in 44 games for the Comets this season, and has two assists in 11 games for the Canucks.
It was thought Vancouver may instead recall Nicklas Jensen, the 29th overall pick in the 2011 draft who’s been enjoying a hot streak in the AHL. But the 20-year-old will apparently have to wait.
Sedin was injured in Sunday’s Heritage Classic.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)