Mar 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
The results of Daniel Sedin’s MRI have yet to be reported, but with the Canucks’ left winger possibly out weeks or longer with a leg injury, the club has recalled Darren Archibald from AHL Utica.
Archibald, 24, has recorded 21 points in 44 games for the Comets this season, and has two assists in 11 games for the Canucks.
It was thought Vancouver may instead recall Nicklas Jensen, the 29th overall pick in the 2011 draft who’s been enjoying a hot streak in the AHL. But the 20-year-old will apparently have to wait.
Sedin was injured in Sunday’s Heritage Classic.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)