Mar 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The results of Daniel Sedin’s MRI have yet to be reported, but with the Canucks’ left winger possibly out weeks or longer with a leg injury, the club has recalled Darren Archibald from AHL Utica.
Archibald, 24, has recorded 21 points in 44 games for the Comets this season, and has two assists in 11 games for the Canucks.
It was thought Vancouver may instead recall Nicklas Jensen, the 29th overall pick in the 2011 draft who’s been enjoying a hot streak in the AHL. But the 20-year-old will apparently have to wait.
Sedin was injured in Sunday’s Heritage Classic.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)