Mar 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The results of Daniel Sedin’s MRI have yet to be reported, but with the Canucks’ left winger possibly out weeks or longer with a leg injury, the club has recalled Darren Archibald from AHL Utica.
Archibald, 24, has recorded 21 points in 44 games for the Comets this season, and has two assists in 11 games for the Canucks.
It was thought Vancouver may instead recall Nicklas Jensen, the 29th overall pick in the 2011 draft who’s been enjoying a hot streak in the AHL. But the 20-year-old will apparently have to wait.
Sedin was injured in Sunday’s Heritage Classic.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)