Mar 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The results of Daniel Sedin’s MRI have yet to be reported, but with the Canucks’ left winger possibly out weeks or longer with a leg injury, the club has recalled Darren Archibald from AHL Utica.
Archibald, 24, has recorded 21 points in 44 games for the Comets this season, and has two assists in 11 games for the Canucks.
It was thought Vancouver may instead recall Nicklas Jensen, the 29th overall pick in the 2011 draft who’s been enjoying a hot streak in the AHL. But the 20-year-old will apparently have to wait.
Sedin was injured in Sunday’s Heritage Classic.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)