Mar 2, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
It’s a Metropolitan Division throwdown in Washington, D.C.
The Washington Capitals trail the Philadelphia Flyers by one point for third place in the division. A win by the Flyers would put them in second place ahead of the New York Rangers, while a win in regulation for the Caps would tie them with New York.
With things being as crowded as they are below the first place Pittsburgh Penguins, the Capitals will look to NHL goal leader Alex Ovechkin to lead the way. Ovechkin’s 43 goals have him in front of the rest of the pack by 10, but the Flyers will counter with a two-pronged attack of Claude Giroux and Wayne Simmonds. Both players have 19 goals and Giroux leads the team with 58 points.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54