Mar 2, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
It’s a Metropolitan Division throwdown in Washington, D.C.
The Washington Capitals trail the Philadelphia Flyers by one point for third place in the division. A win by the Flyers would put them in second place ahead of the New York Rangers, while a win in regulation for the Caps would tie them with New York.
With things being as crowded as they are below the first place Pittsburgh Penguins, the Capitals will look to NHL goal leader Alex Ovechkin to lead the way. Ovechkin’s 43 goals have him in front of the rest of the pack by 10, but the Flyers will counter with a two-pronged attack of Claude Giroux and Wayne Simmonds. Both players have 19 goals and Giroux leads the team with 58 points.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8