Mar 2, 2014, 12:24 AM EST
These things, no matter good a player one might be, happen in hockey. The own goal, and it’s often a spectacular and dreadful spectacle.
Brent Seabrook knows. The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman one-timed the puck into a wide open net in the third period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Only problem: he slammed the puck into his own net.
James Neal, who threw a blind pass out front, got credit for the goal. Despite the gaffe – Seabrook threw his head up in disgust the second he saw the puck hit the back of the net – the Blackhawks still won by a final score of 5-1.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54