Mar 2, 2014, 12:24 AM EST
These things, no matter good a player one might be, happen in hockey. The own goal, and it’s often a spectacular and dreadful spectacle.
Brent Seabrook knows. The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman one-timed the puck into a wide open net in the third period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Only problem: he slammed the puck into his own net.
James Neal, who threw a blind pass out front, got credit for the goal. Despite the gaffe – Seabrook threw his head up in disgust the second he saw the puck hit the back of the net – the Blackhawks still won by a final score of 5-1.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)