Mar 2, 2014, 12:24 AM EST
These things, no matter good a player one might be, happen in hockey. The own goal, and it’s often a spectacular and dreadful spectacle.
Brent Seabrook knows. The Chicago Blackhawks defenseman one-timed the puck into a wide open net in the third period of Saturday’s Stadium Series game against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Only problem: he slammed the puck into his own net.
James Neal, who threw a blind pass out front, got credit for the goal. Despite the gaffe – Seabrook threw his head up in disgust the second he saw the puck hit the back of the net – the Blackhawks still won by a final score of 5-1.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8