Mar 2, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
Update: The NHL will hold a telephone hearing with Orlov on Monday afternoon.
Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov already made a big impact on Sunday’s game with two goals against the Philadelphia Flyers, but he gave Philly a five-minute power-play opportunity thanks to this hit on Brayden Schenn:
Many believe that a) Orlov should have been ejected from the game and b) that this could be a suspension-worthy hit. Orlov, 22, received a five-minute charging major on the play after losing his cool following a hard hit by Schenn.
The Flyers scored a goal on that power play to cut a 4-2 Capitals lead to 4-3. Philly eventually won 5-4 in OT.
Orlov hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)