Mar 2, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
Update: The NHL will hold a telephone hearing with Orlov on Monday afternoon.
Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov already made a big impact on Sunday’s game with two goals against the Philadelphia Flyers, but he gave Philly a five-minute power-play opportunity thanks to this hit on Brayden Schenn:
Many believe that a) Orlov should have been ejected from the game and b) that this could be a suspension-worthy hit. Orlov, 22, received a five-minute charging major on the play after losing his cool following a hard hit by Schenn.
The Flyers scored a goal on that power play to cut a 4-2 Capitals lead to 4-3. Philly eventually won 5-4 in OT.
Orlov hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)