Mar 2, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
Update: The NHL will hold a telephone hearing with Orlov on Monday afternoon.
Washington Capitals defenseman Dmitry Orlov already made a big impact on Sunday’s game with two goals against the Philadelphia Flyers, but he gave Philly a five-minute power-play opportunity thanks to this hit on Brayden Schenn:
Many believe that a) Orlov should have been ejected from the game and b) that this could be a suspension-worthy hit. Orlov, 22, received a five-minute charging major on the play after losing his cool following a hard hit by Schenn.
The Flyers scored a goal on that power play to cut a 4-2 Capitals lead to 4-3. Philly eventually won 5-4 in OT.
Orlov hasn’t ever been suspended at the NHL level.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)