Mar 2, 2014, 11:59 PM EDT
Nashville is getting its franchise goalie back.
On Sunday, the Preds announced that Pekka Rinne was returning to Nashville after a successful two-game stint in AHL Milwaukee over the weekend — and, what’s more, Rinne could return to the starter’s crease as early as Tuesday, when the Preds host the Penguins at Bridgestone. It would be Rinne’s first start in 52 games.
Here’s more, from The Tennessean:
Rinne stopped 33 of 35 shots on goal over the weekend — his first two starts since Oct. 22. Rinne has been out since then with a hip infection. Nashville’s two-time Vezina Trophy finalist also had a hip arthroscopy in May.
“It was great. I couldn’t be happier. It has been a long time since playing games,” Rinne said. “It was a great opportunity for me to come down to Milwaukee, and kind of went both ways. I feel like I was able to help the team a little bit and they helped me for getting back into game action.”
When asked whether he could play Tuesday against the Penguins, Rinne said, “I’m ready to go, absolutely.”
Nashville will be keen to get Rinne back in the mix. The Preds lost a tough 3-1 decision to Winnipeg at Bridgestone, a game in which Carter Hutton was largely outplayed by Ondrej Pavelec — dropping Hutton to 1-2-2 over his last five.
With the loss, the Preds now sit four points back of Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference with just 21 games remaining in the regular season.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
Has been on quite a roll down in Utica.
Oct 31, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
Meanwhile, sounds like Carter Ashton makes his season debut.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
The hit occurred seconds before Vancouver scored.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Oct. 8.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:36 PM EDT
Could play Saturday against Washington.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
At the same time, Claude Julien admits the B’s “are still trying to find that confidence level that comes with winning on a regular basis.”
Oct 31, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
All the latest from the blue paint.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:10 PM EDT
“I just haven’t come to that decision yet.”
Oct 31, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
When Philly takes on the Panthers in Florida.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Veteran forward is hurt again.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
On a professional tryout contract.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:57 PM EDT
Former 13th overall pick doesn’t want to comment on trade rumors.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Club is dealing with a team-wide bacterial infection.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
“He was the bettor. He bet on football games.” And that, according to Steve Bartlett, is all he did.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
We’d say we were surprised, but we totally thought this could happen.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Hurricanes forward was benched Tuesday in Vancouver.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
“We’ve given up a lot of goals and we need to be better, help our goaltenders out.”
Oct 31, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Antti Raanta retains the backup gig behind Corey Crawford.
Oct 31, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Dallas has lost two straight.
Oct 31, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
As most expected they’d do with the No. 2 overall pick.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 3
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 5
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 8
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 37
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)