Mar 2, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
It might be safer to say that the 2014 Heritage Classic wraps up the NHL’s slate of games in unusual venues rather than outdoor contests, as the league decided to keep BC Palace’s retractable roof closed because of rain.
One can only imagine the snark floating around the Internet because of this decision, but it makes sense from a logistical and safety standpoint. It’s likely that the Vancouver Canucks and Ottawa Senators probably appreciate a situation that results in superior ice conditions.
The game is on NBCSN and can be streamed live by clicking on the link below.
Fun fact from the telecast: it’s apparently the largest cable-supported roof in the world.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 36
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)