Mar 2, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins pulled away from the New York Rangers on Sunday with a 3-1 third period, notching a 6-3 win overall. Henrik Lundqvist didn’t take it very well.
Rangers captain (and trade rumor magnet) Ryan Callahan pointed to opposing teams capitalizing on their “lapses.” He dismissed questions about those trade rumors and said that he was just going about his business.
“Obviously my heart is still here and I want to be here,” Callahan said. “We’ll just see what happens.”
In that regard, Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault seems optimistic that Callahan will stick around. The Rangers don’t have another game until Wednesday’s trade deadline passes, so it remains to be seen if this is his last game playing for the Blueshirts.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5