Mar 2, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins pulled away from the New York Rangers on Sunday with a 3-1 third period, notching a 6-3 win overall. Henrik Lundqvist didn’t take it very well.
Lundqvist on the loss: "Painful. Extremely painful."—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) March 03, 2014
Rangers captain (and trade rumor magnet) Ryan Callahan pointed to opposing teams capitalizing on their “lapses.” He dismissed questions about those trade rumors and said that he was just going about his business.
“Obviously my heart is still here and I want to be here,” Callahan said. “We’ll just see what happens.”
In that regard, Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault seems optimistic that Callahan will stick around. The Rangers don’t have another game until Wednesday’s trade deadline passes, so it remains to be seen if this is his last game playing for the Blueshirts.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17