Mar 2, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
“Lack deserved to play this game but Lui has done everything we’ve asked of him,” Tortorella said, according to QMI’s Hosea Chung.
“Lui’s pissed … but I have to make decisions which I think will give our team the best chance to win.”
The Canucks didn’t win on Sunday, as Lack & Co. fell to the Ottawa Senators 4-2. Tortorella said he knows that fans are upset, but he can’t just make decisions to make people happy.
Eddie Lack didn’t pretend that fans weren’t chanting for Luongo at times on Sunday. Instead, he just tried to block out those distractions.
“It’s their opinion,” Lack said. ” … I’m ok with it. I’m just trying to play the best I can out there.”
Despite this honest approach, the Lack – Luongo drama just seems to add another headache to a tense situation for the Canucks and their fans.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)